What is the Intake Interview?
The Intake Interview is a mandatory appointment where families meet with the Case Manager on an individual basis to discuss details of the defendant's case. The intake appointment typically lasts 45 minutes to 1 hour and they are conducted during regular business hours (M-F, 8-5) at the main courthouse downtown. The earliest appointment available is 8:15am, and the latest is 4:00pm.
What should I expect in the Intake?
- A parent or guardian is required to be present for the intake, along with the defendant, unless the defendant is 18 years of age.
- The Case Manager will read the police report of the incident and obtain a statement from the defendant that accounts their side of the story.
- The Case Manager will schedule a Teen Court Hearing date and Deadline date for the defendant to complete their assigned sanctions. The typical amount of time between dates is 50 days.
- The case manager will discuss any other services that have been mandated by the State, or services that the family may want access to. These services include Anger Management counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling, or Individual/Family Counseling.
- This is your opportunity to ask any and all questions you may have at this time. It is very important that you understand everything that is expected in order to complete the Teen Court process.
- This is the last official meeting prior to the defendant's Teen Court Hearing.