Alternative Dispute Resolution Fees
Instructions for completing petitioner's and respondent's fee worksheet:
- The Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Unit which conducts Court Ordered Mediations at a reduced fee is located in Room 248 of the Leon County Courthouse (301 S. Monroe St., Room 248; Tallahassee, Florida 32301).
- There is a fee for mediation with this group set by Florida Statute 44.108. The fees are based upon the combined gross income of both the Petitioner and Respondent, and are as follows:
a. Income of $0.00 to $50,000 the fee is $60.00 per person per three (3) hour session.
b. Income of $50,000.01 to $99,999.99 the fee is $120.00 per person per three (3) hour session.
c. If one or both parties are declared indigent by the Clerk and present an indigency affidavit, there is no fee for that person. The other person will have to pay their portion of the fee (i.e. $60.00 or $120.00).
d. There is no charge for Dependency Mediations.
- The fee is paid in advance of mediation and the receipt is presented to the Mediation Staff on the day of the mediation. No case will be mediated unless the fee has been paid. (Note: personalized worksheets will be mailed out with the Notice of Mediation. These forms are used if you do not receive or lose the mailed form.)
- The Petitioner's and Respondent's fee worksheets are completed by completing all of the blanks contained on the forms and returned to the Mediation Unit at least ten (10) days prior to the date of the mediation.
- An invoice will be mailed to you by the Mediation staff which you will take to the Clerk of the Family Court in the County in which the case is pending, and a receipt will be given to you.
- On the day of the mediation, please present the receipt (or indigency certificate) to the Mediation Staff.